With the digital era, the Online College Registration System has reduced the burden of students standing in a long queue for submitting their application forms. This project is aimed at students and learners who want to gain project-building skills.
There are lots of benefits of using an Online College Registration System rather than the conventional method. The submission process itself is quick and easy, which saves your time and effort. Data is stored in digital format which helps to generate real-time reports. It has a two section admin that manages backend and students who apply for courses.
Software Requirements: Online College Registration System
The Online Inventory System is built using PHP and MySQL. It will run on Apache Server. Details are provided below.
- Operating System – Windows/ Linux/ Unix / MacOS
- Programming language – PHP 5.4.0 or greater (PHP 7 recommended)
- Database Server – MySQL 5.0
- Web Server – Apache 2.4.7
The project was developed keeping industry standards in mind. Please take a look below.
- Excellent normalized database – Table has been mapped with primary and foreign key concepts, it has used indexing (on selected columns) as well for faster searching if the database grows to some million records
- Usage of InnoDB to support transactions – InnoDB follows ACID property which helps making the data reliable. It has features like commit, rollback, etc. More about INNODB here.
- Usage of PHP PDO Classes – PDO is a data abstraction layer that offers unified interface to access different database. which means if one fine day you want to migrate from MySQL to Oracle or any other RDBMS, you don’t have to change your PHP database code.
- Designed with Bootstrap framework – Made with bootstrap and the template is mobile responsive. It adjusts to any device be it large screens, laptops, tablets or mobile.
- Font Awesome icons – Beautiful Icons that are used all over the project
- Bootbox– A beautiful bootstrap plugin that overrides basic alert, confirm, etc.
- Client Side Validation with jQuery – All the forms has been properly validated using jQuery validation plugin.
This project has the following features.
- There will be only one Super-admin who will be accessing the admin area and managing all the task.
- Additionally, Super-admin has a forgot password feature.
- The super-admin can update his profile settings, such as name, email and password.
- The super-admin can manage sessions.
- The super-admin can add, edit, or delete courses.
- The super-admin can add, edit, or delete subject combinations based on courses.
- The super-admin can view and print student applications.
- The super-admin can delete student applications.
- Student can apply for any course by submitting the form online.
- Student can attach profile photo and signature as well.
- Student can print their application form after submission.
- Student can save their application form as PDF as well.
Want to know more? The details about the project can be found here.