Every institution is slowly but surely embracing the Online Examination System. There’s a significant advantage using the online examination system over the traditional pen and paper. This project is aimed at students and learners who want to gain project-building skills.
With the Online examination system, the test can be conducted in a single day and the results are out in real-time. It also minimizes the error in humane calculating results. Candidates can take the test from their home a well. Reports can be generated in real-time as well.
Software Requirements: Online Examination System
The Online Examination System is built using PHP and MySQL. It will run on Apache Server. Details are provided below.
- Operating System – Windows/ Linux/ Unix / MacOS
- Programming language – PHP 5.4.0 or greater (PHP 7 recommended)
- Database Server – MySQL 5.0
- Web Server – Apache 2.4.7
The project was developed keeping industry standards in mind. Please take a look below.
- Excellent normalized database – Table has been mapped with primary and foreign key concepts, it has used indexing (on selected columns) as well for faster searching if the database grows to some million records
- Usage of InnoDB to support transactions – InnoDB follows ACID property which helps making the data reliable. It has features like commit, rollback, etc. More about INNODB here.
- Usage of PHP PDO Classes – PDO is a data abstraction layer that offers unified interface to access different database. which means if one fine day you want to migrate from MySQL to Oracle or any other RDBMS, you don’t have to change your PHP database code.
- Designed with Bootstrap framework – Made with bootstrap and the template is mobile responsive. It adjusts to any device be it large screens, laptops, tablets or mobile.
- Font Awesome icons – Beautiful Icons that are used all over the project
- Bootbox– A beautiful bootstrap plugin that overrides basic alert, confirm, etc.
- Client Side Validation with jQuery – All the forms has been properly validated using jQuery validation plugin.
This project has the following features.
We have 3 versions of the project, Basic, Advance, and Group.
- It has a power packed dynamic admin panel for system-admin and user front for students.
- There will be only one Super-admin who will be accessing the admin area and managing all the task.
- Additionally, Super-admin has a forgot password feature.
- The super-admin can update his profile settings, such as name, email and password.
- The super-admin can add, edit, or delete categories such as technologies, sports, etc.
- The super-admin can add, edit, or delete exam such as java, football, etc.
- The super-admin can manage Questions and Answers of subject of the exams.
- The super-admin can can add variable answer options i.e. answers can be between 2-5 options.
- The super-admin can view the registered users who have taken the exam.
- The super-admin can view the exam results.
- New User has to sign up to take the exam.
- Existing Users can login to take the examination.
- In the user exam page, there’s question navigation bar which helps the user to switch to a particular question very easily.
- A user can take any examination more than once, and their results will be displayed at the end of the test.
Want to know more? The details about the project can be found here.