The online inventory system has an added advantage over the traditional desktop system, mainly because of its accessibility from anywhere with an internet connection. This project is aimed at students and learners who want to gain project-building skills.
The online inventory system can have perks like real-time reports, digital store, multi-user login. It is a boon for any business, and one must look forward to using it in their organization.
Software Requirements: Online Inventory System
The Online Inventory System is built using PHP and MySQL. It will run on Apache Server. Details are provided below.
- Operating System – Windows/ Linux/ Unix / MacOS
- Programming language – PHP 5.4.0 or greater (PHP 7 recommended)
- Database Server – MySQL 5.0
- Web Server – Apache 2.4.7
The project was developed keeping industry standards in mind. Please take a look below.
- Excellent normalized database – Table has been mapped with primary and foreign key concepts, it has used indexing (on selected columns) as well for faster searching if the database grows to some million records
- Usage of InnoDB to support transactions – InnoDB follows ACID property which helps making the data reliable. It has features like commit, rollback, etc. More about INNODB here.
- Usage of PHP PDO Classes – PDO is a data abstraction layer that offers unified interface to access different database. which means if one fine day you want to migrate from MySQL to Oracle or any other RDBMS, you don’t have to change your PHP database code.
- Designed with Bootstrap framework – Made with bootstrap and the template is mobile responsive. It adjusts to any device be it large screens, laptops, tablets or mobile.
- Font Awesome icons – Beautiful Icons that are used all over the project
- Bootbox– A beautiful bootstrap plugin that overrides basic alert, confirm, etc.
- Client Side Validation with jQuery – All the forms has been properly validated using jQuery validation plugin.
This project has the following features.
- There will be only one Super-admin who will be accessing the admin area and managing all the task.
- Additionally, Super-admin has a forgot password feature.
- The super-admin can update his profile settings, such as name, email and password.
- The super-admin can add, edit, or delete categories such as clothing, electronics, etc.
- The super-admin can add, edit, or delete brands such as Apple, Samsung, etc.
- The super-admin can add, edit, or delete products.
- The super-admin can add, edit, or delete orders.
- The System can print the order invoice.
- The super-admin can save invoice as PDF.
Want to know more? The details about the project can be found here.